Terms and Conditions
1) General. This document sets out the terms and conditions between us, 'The Sofabed Gallery' and you 'The Customer'.
2) Making A Purchase. All goods ordered must be paid for in full at the time of ordering. We accept most credit and debit cards from the major banks. The products shown on our website will show the price of the goods and services with any delivery cost applicable. This information is transferred to our shopping cart should the customer wish to place an order with us. All prices are shown in pounds sterling and include VAT at 20%. We reserve the right to refuse any order for any reason whatsover at our discretion.
We will estimate the approximate delivery time for your goods at the time of ordering, however occasionally, your order may be delayed due to reasons beyond our control, for example your chosen fabric being out of stock. In these circumstances, please be patient and we will deliver your goods as soon as they are ready.
The Title (ownership) of the goods remains the property of Sofabed Gallery Limited until payment is made in full by the customer.
We fully comply with government legislation covered in the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 - this legistlation was introduced to safeguard both the interests of the consumer and the retailer in a distance transaction.
3) Delivery information. When your order is ready for delivery, our delivery department will contact you to arrange a convenient date for delivery. Small items such as futon sofabeds are delivered by 1 person carrier. Delivery will be to the ground floor of your property. Larger items such as 2 seater upholstered sofabeds will be delivered by 2 man team. For further information on delivery procedure, please see our delivery section by clicking here.
Most deliveries will be booked in with you and a date agreed - please keep to the agreed date, should you wish to change the date please advise us at the earliest opportunity. We reserve the right to charge the cost of failed deliveries to the customer when a date has been agreed.
Before ordering your item(s), please measure access to your property with care, for example door width. Should your order not fit into your property and you wish to return it on the same vehicle as attempting to deliver, a charge of £30 for deliveries made by one person courier and £60 for two person deliveries will be made. Orders which have been custom made to your specification, for example a sofa bed in a specific size / fabric, a charge of 20% of the product price will be made as we will have to greatly reduce the price in order to source a new customer for your product, plus the associated return transport costs shown above.
4) Returns Policy. We have a separate section covering our returns policy - details can be found here. Your purchase is fully covered by the Distance Selling Regulations.
5) Guarantees. All of our products are covered by a 12 month guarantee, unless otherwise specified at the time of purchase. The statutory guarantee covers defects in workmanship or quality but does not cover mis-use, neglect or soiling. Any claim under the guarantee period must be made within 7 days of the fault ocurring.
Should a problem become apparent with your purchase within the guarantee period, we will need to have digital photographs of the unit emailed to us so we can investigate the issue.
6) Price Promise. When buying from The Sofabed Gallery, not only can you be assured of the highest quality products backed by a first class service, but also the lowest possible prices, both from online retailers and on the High St. In the unusual case were a competitor is advertising one of our products at a lower price, we won't just match their total delivered price, but reduce it by 10% of the difference between our price and theirs to offer unbeatable value for money. In order to qualify for our Price Promise, the following must be satisfied :
6a) Item compared to ours is the same brand and model.
6b) Prices compared are like for like including any delivery charges and taxes.
6c) Retailer offering the lower price can show the offer on a genuine, reputable UK based company website showing land line telephone contacts and business addresses. We do not offer our price policy against Ebay listings.
6d) Price Promise can not be considered on an existing purchase after the item has been delivered.
6e) Should in our opinion the competitors price has been set in error / be unrealistically low, we reserve the right to reject the claim and request a second retailer offering the same product at the same price as the original competitor.
7) Security Statement. We take your security issues very seriously, and accordingly use the highest levels of SSL encryption for sensitive details in our payment section, such as your payment card details.
Personal information is used in order to liase with you for your order and is never given to third parties, other than our delivery contractors.
9) Third Party Links. To offer further information our viewers may find of interest, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
10) Damaged goods. Occasionally, products become damaged in transit. Please check your order carefully in the presence of the delivering team / courier and note any damages on the delivery docket you will be asked to sign. You should notify us in writing within 48 hours of delivery of any damages to your product. We will then arrange either a replacement or refund of your purchase at our discretion.
11) Disputed charges. Should you wish to dispute a charge made on your payment card, please notify us in writing at the earliest opportunity. You can write to us at our office address shown on the bottom of this document or send an email to shop (at) sofabedgallery.co.uk. Please give as much information to help us investigate the disputed charge including order number, date of order, product ordered, estimated time for delivery given. We will investigate the charge and contact you within 7 days of receiving your dispute information.
12) Liability. Sofabed Gallery Limited shall not be liable for any indirect special or consequential loss, however arising.
13) Statutory Rights. The terms and conditions set out in this document do not affect your statutory rights under English law.
Website owned and maintained by Sofabed Gallery Limited
Registered in England no. 5893032 : VAT registration no. 599 1498 70
Registered Address : Unit 5 Venture Business Park, Witty St, Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire, England. HU3 4TT
Telephone 01482 324555 :